This savory soup can be made in a pot or a pressure cooker! Make a big batch and share with friends or keep as leftovers throughout the week!
SERVES: 4 TIME: 30 MIN (pressure cooker) 45 MIN (Stovetop)
3 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, Minced
6 Large Carrots, Chopped
2 Tsp Thyme
1 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk, from can
1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil (stovetop method)
DIRECTIONS (PRESSURE COOKER)
1. Turn the pressure cooker to sauté mode. Add a splash of vegetable broth along with the onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute more.
2. Turn the sauté mode off and add the carrots, thyme and rest of the broth. Put the lid on and set to “sealing” then press manual/pressure cooker and cook for 5 minutes on high pressure. Once finished, release the pressure manually.
3. Carefully remove the lid, and purée the soup using an immersion blender or a blender. Add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!
1. Heat olive oil in pot over medium head. Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute more.
2. Add the carrots, thyme and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 30 minutes, until carrots are soft and easily pierced with a fork.
3. Carefully remove the lid, and purée the soup using an immersion blender or transfer to a blender. Add the coconut milk to the pureed mixture in the pot and stir to combine. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!