These #mealprep egg muffins make the perfect snack or on-the go breakfast. They're packed with protein, they are #glutenfree, and the best thing is, you can add whatever veggies/cheese you like! It's a great way to use left over veggies and you can even sneak in some extra nutrition for your kiddos.
Follow the basic recipe below, but feel free to play around with flavor and veggie combos! Some of my favorites include:
-Red pepper, red onion, spinach, and feta
-Spinach and feta
-Kale and baked sweet potato
-Mushrooms, spinach, and onion
- Tomato, pesto, and parmesan
These store well for about 3 days max. Be sure to reheat before serving :)
SERVES: 12 MUFFINS TIME: 30 MIN
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1.5 cups cooked chopped veggies (in this recipe I used red peppers, spinach, and red onion)
3 tbsp crumbled or shredded cheese (in this recipe I used crumbled feta)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. While oven is heating, whisk eggs together in a large mixing bowl. Add almond milk, garlic powder, and black pepper - whisk together.
3. Stir in cooked chopped veggies and cheese into egg mixture until evenly distributed. (Note: be sure veggies are cooked ahead of time. I either sauté or steam them).
4. Pour egg mixture into non-stick muffin tin, sprayed lightly with cooking spray. You will want to fill each muffin mold about 1/2-3/4 of the way full (they will rise when they cook)
5. Bake in the over for 20 minutes or until fully cooked through. (You can use a toothpick to check)
6. Let cool before serving or storing.
7. Be sure to reheat before serving!
#nutrition #mealprep #recipe #healthyrecipe #lowcarb #highprotein