Serve these savory bites as an appetizer, side, or main! They're rich in flavor and in nutrition with plenty of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals!
SERVES: 4 TIME: 35 MIN
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
1 Cup Walnuts, Raw/Chopped
2 Tsp Fresh Thyme
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1/3 Cup Dried, Unsweetened Cranberries, Roughly Chopped
12 Cremini Mushrooms, Whole with Stems Removed, Washed Thoroughly
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 Tsp Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat and add the extra virgin olive oil along with the onion, walnuts, and thyme. Cook until lightly toasted, about 4 to 5 minutes and then add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer.
3. Add the sea salt and cranberries and remove from heat.
4. Use a spoon to add the walnut mixture to the mushrooms and sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top.
5. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
6. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top with minced parsley. Enjoy immediately.