Craving something hearty and healthy this fall? This roasted veggie and quinoa bowl will warm you up from this inside out and fill you up with fiber, protein, and loads of nutrients.
You can follow the recipe below or feel free to swap in any seasonal veggies you have on hand. You really can't go wrong here!
SERVES: 3 TIME: 40 MIN
2 Cups Broccoli, Chopped Into Florets (cauliflower makes a great substitute)
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, Peel and Chopped into 1/2 Inch Cubes
1 Cup Chickpeas (cooked or canned and rinsed)
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1.5 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
2 Tbsp Tahini
2 Tbsp Water, Warm
1.5 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Transfer the chopped broccoli, sweet potatoes and chickpeas to the the prepared baking sheet. Season the vegetables with half of the lemon juice, Italian seasoning and sea salt. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until vegetables are very tender and chickpeas are crispy.
3. While the vegetables are roasting, add the quinoa and broth to a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil, cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Cook until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. While the quinoa is cooking, combine the tahini, warm water, maple syrup and remaining lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Season with additional salt if needed.
5. To assemble, divide the quinoa and roasted vegetables between bowls. Drizzle with tahini sauce and top with pumpkin seeds (optional). Enjoy!
#vegan #fallfood #vegetarian #healthyrecipe #recipe #nutrition