The best thing about stir fry, is that you really can't go wrong! Use whatever veggies and protein you have on hand and give it a whirl. You can use fresh or frozen veggies, or a combination of both. It's a great dish to make if you have a bunch of random veggies that are about to go bad and you don't know what to do with them.
Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or eat plain right out of the bowl!
Time: 30 min Serves: 4
14 oz tofu (drained and cubed)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey (or agave)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
2 tsp chili garlic sauce
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp sesame oil (or any vegetable oil)
3 cups chopped mixed veggies -- you can use whatever you have on hand, I suggest:
-onion, red pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, and edamame
1. Start by draining your tofu. Remove from package and place between 2 plates. Place heavy object on top for weight (i.e. cook book). Let sit for at least 5 minutes until water drains out. Pour water off and cube tofu into 1/2 inch cubes. Set aside
2. While tofu is draining, prepare your sauce. Combine garlic, lemon juice, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic sauce and corn starch in a medium bowl. Whisk together well and set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium/high heat. Add in cubed tofu and sear well on both sides. (about 4 minute each side) until crispy.
4. In another larger pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add veggies and begin to cook, stirring occasionally. (Note: if you're using frozen veggies, thaw in microwave first).
5. Once veggies begin to soften (about 5-7 minutes), slowly mix in sauce and continue to stir until well combined. Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes over low-medium heat.
6. Add in tofu and mix gently.
7. Serve in bowl or over rice or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
#vegetarian #recipe #nutrition #vegetarianrecipe #veggies #stirfy